When pump is located below water level
When pump is located either at or above the pool water surface level
Vac-Alert™ - Anti Pool Entrapment Valve
The Vac-Alert Safety Vacuum Release System is designed to prevent swimming pool entrapment. The Vac-Alert is a non-electrical self-monitoring, low-maintenance safety system that responds in milliseconds to an increase in pump suction created by a swimmer being held by suction on the main drain.
Pool entrapment can occur because of a damaged outlet in a pool or spa, however, the main cause is a lack of two drains in the pool. A single drain can create intense pump suction as the water system is regulated. Getting too close to a single main drain can leave swimmers at risk of being dragged into this vacuum and it is extremely difficult to break free from the suction. Swimming pool entrapment causes physical harm and drowning.
The Vac-Alert’s spring-loaded piston reacts quickly, opening to atmosphere and releasing life-threatening system suction. Once installed, it requires only periodic maintenance. Its non-corroding PVC and stainless-steel construction ensure a long life.
Vac-Alert is available in the following territories and can be delivered in 4 days:
Note to Installer: Installers should take note of the serial number and hp (kW) of the pump/s and record details of the manufacturer of the filter, its diameter, and take a photo of the installation. A copy of these should be given to the customer and a duplicate set retained on file.
- Carton dimensions
20cm x 20cm x 52cm (h)
- 24 units without Pallet (packed in cartons of six)
100cm x 100cm x 145cm (h)
- There are two models: The VA-2000S, where the pump is located below water level and the VA-2000L where the pump is located either at or above the pool water and surface level (see installation instructions).
- Precision engineered to react in milliseconds, preventing injury or fatality.
- Designed for suction lift applications where the circulating pump suction is either above or below the level of the pool water surface (consult qualified pool engineer).
- Can generally be installed within two hours.
- Easily plumbed into the pipework and is designed to sense sudden increases in the vacuum pressure, which triggers the valve pistons to lock, allowing air to enter the system and releasing the vacuum on the main drain.
- Self-monitoring, low maintenance.
- Reliability - several years’ field experience and in some regions international legislation requires pool operators to use anti-entrapment systems to retrofit pools and spas.
- A safety solution for any pump that draws water, including pools, spas, fountains, slides and vacuum ports and will not damage your pump when tripped.
- Vac-Alert has a three-year limited warranty ensures reliability.
- Meets all requirements of the International Code Council, both the International Building Code (IBC) and the International Residential Code (IRC). Meets or exceeds all the ANSI/ASME performance standards for safety vacuum release systems.
If you have questions on Vac-Alert, please visit our FAQs Page.
For information on the campaign to raise awareness of the risks of entrapment, and articles of incidents, visit our News and Blog Page.