When pump is located below water level
When pump is located either at or above the pool water surface level
Vac-Alert™ - Anti Entrapment Valve
SAFETY VACUUM RELEASE SYSTEM (SVRS)
The Vac-Alert Safety Vacuum Release System (SVRS) is a non-electrical self-monitoring, low-maintenance safety system that responds in milliseconds to an increase in pump suction created by a swimmer being held by suction on the main drain.
If a swimmer is held onto the main suction drain in a swimming pool, paddling pool or spa, it is not only frightening but can cause drowning. This effect is known as suction entrapment and it will hold the swimmer in its grip until the vacuum is broken.
The Vac-Alert’s spring loaded piston reacts quickly, opening to atmosphere and releasing life-threatening system suction. Once installed, it requires only periodic maintenance. Its non-corroding PVC and stainless steel construction ensure long life.
If you have questions on Vac-Alert, please visit our FAQs section.
Vac-Alert is available in the following territories and can be delivered in 4 days:
For information on the campaign to raise awareness of the risks of entrapment, and articles of incidents, visit our news page.
NOTE TO INSTALLATION ENGINEER: As this is a safety item, you are advised to take note of the serial number and hp (kW) of the pump/s. Plus you are advised to record details of the manufacturer of the filter, its diameter, and a photographic image of the installation. A copy of these should be given to the customer and a duplicate set kept in your files.
- Carton dimensions
20cm x 20cm x 52cm (h)
- 24 units without Pallet (packed in cartons of six)
100cm x 100cm x 145cm (h)
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF VAC-ALERT
- There are two models: The VA-2000S, where the pump is located below water level and the VA-2000L where the pump is located either at or above the pool water and surface level (see installation instructions).
- Precision engineered to react in milliseconds, preventing injury or fatality.
- Designed for suction lift applications where the circulating pump suction is either above or below the level of the pool water surface (consult qualified pool engineer).
- Can generally be installed within two hours.
- Easily plumbed into the pipe work and is designed to sense sudden increases in the vacuum pressure, which triggers the valve pistons to lock, allowing air to enter the system and releasing the vacuum on the main drain.
- Self-monitoring, low maintenance.
- Reliability - several years’ field experience and in some regions international legislation requires pool operators to use anti-entrapment systems to retrofit pools and spas.
THE SAFETY SOLUTION
- A safety solution for any pump that draws water, including pools, spas, fountains, slides and vacuum ports and will not damage your pump when tripped.
- Vac-Alert has a three-year limited warranty ensures reliability.
- Meets all requirements of the International Code Council, both the International Building Code (IBC) and the International Residential Code (IRC). Meets or exceeds all the ANSI/ASME performance standards for safety vacuum release systems.
HOW TO ORDER
Mineral Supplies International Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1825 790524
Fax: +44 (0)1825 790908
All transactions, unless otherwise agreed, will be (£) Sterling
To discuss setting up a Business Account, call +44 (0)1825 790524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you not have an account, we accept payment via the following methods:
- Bank Transfer (BACS) - BACS details are shown on the invoice
- Cleared cheques
- Irrevocable Letter of Credit (ILOC) to be confirmed in London
Please note that credit cards are not accepted.